Lines and wrinkles and folds, oh my – visible signs of aging that seem to be inevitable. If you are looking for the perfect aesthetic treatment for your shallow to deep facial folds and wrinkles, look no further. Sculptra Aesthetic is an FDA-approved injectable that helps to gradually replace your skin’s lost collagen (an underlying cause of facial aging). And the good news is Sculptra’s results can last more than two years. Continue reading to learn more:
Sculptra contains a synthetic material called poly-L-lactic acid, which is a biocompatible, biodegradable substance that is gradually and naturally absorbed by the body to help rebuild lost collagen through a series of treatments administered by a trained specialist.
Sculptra is an injectable, that’s true, but not all injectables are the same. Each is formulated differently, each targets different areas of the face and each produces unique results.
- Toxins (such as Botox) minimize fine lines by temporarily weakening muscles, typically in the forehead and near the eyes. Results appear within a few days and can last up to a few months.
- Injectable fillers are either liquids or gels (hyaluronic acid or bovine collagen) that reduce fine lines by pushing the dermis space up beneath wrinkles and creases. Results appear immediately and can last up to several months.
- Collagen creams claim to deliver absorbable collagen. However, collagen molecules are too large to penetrate the skin. Most collagen creams include vitamins and do hold moisture, which makes them suitable moisturizers that can briefly improve the skin’s appearance.
- Collagen stimulators are used to diminish facial wrinkles by helping to restore the deep, underlying structure of the skin. Results appear gradually over multiple injections (typically three injections space three months apart) and can last up to two years.
- As collagen stimulator, Sculptra is different. It works deep within the dermis, rather than topically. As the Sculptra micro-particles are absorbed, they help stimulate collagen production; the rebuilt collagen strands begin to gradually help restore your facial inner structure and volume, and create fullness to wrinkles and folds.
The time is right. Call to schedule an appointment to discuss Sculptra Aesthetic with Dr. Guarnieri, today: (757) 345-2275.
Comments are closed.