Cosmetic and plastic surgery have had their share of myths or fictions that have found their way onto the internet…and as you know, you shouldn’t believe everything you read on the internet! Perhaps you have heard some of these “facts” and wondered if they were, truly, fact or fiction:
- “Breast augmentation is a one-time event.” Silicone and saline breast implants have a limited life-span – usually around 10 to 15 years. Aging can also cause previously augmented breasts to droop. If you have implants, you may find that you need a replacement procedure or a breast lift down the road.
- “Liposuction is for weight loss.” Liposuction is meant to remove pockets of fat that don’t respond to diet and exercise. It’s not meant to be a procedure for people who are looking for a speedy, effortless weight-loss solution.
- “Plastic surgery doesn’t leave scars.” When an incision is made and skin is cut, the result of the incision is a scar. However, a highly trained plastic surgeon, such as Dr. Guarnieri, can minimize the appearance of scars with inconspicuous incision placement and very precise techniques.
- “Plastic surgery and cosmetic surgery are one and the same.” A board-certified plastic surgeon has completed five years in surgical training at an accredited hospital, with at least two of those years focusing on plastic surgery. Other physicians mayhave been trained to do cosmetic procedures in certain areas, but the level of training is not the same.
- “Cost is the major consideration when contemplating plastic or cosmetic surgery.” With reconstructive surgery the exception, most cosmetic surgery is elective and not covered by insurance. But cost shouldn’t be your only consideration. Your expectations must be realistic. Furthermore, not all surgeons are experienced or qualified, so conducting research into your procedure and your surgeon is critical.
You can trust Dr. Guarnieri. He is board-certified and trained in the procedures he offers. Schedule a consultation, today, and experience the highest level of patient satisfaction available in the Williamsburg area: (757) 345-2275.