In a perfect world, your appearance would reflect the way you feel inside. But over time, loss of skin elasticity and repeated muscle contractions combine to move your brow lower onto your face, making you look older, more stressed and habitually tired. In a culture that celebrates youth, many men and women are considering cosmetic procedures to help them maintain a youthful appearance for as long as possible.
A popular cosmetic procedure we offer at Williamsburg Plastic Surgery is the brow lift – specifically designed to revitalize a sagging, drooping or lined forehead and refresh the area between the brows and the upper eyelids for a less tired, sad, angry look. If you’ve heard of this procedure and would like to know more, read on:
- A brow lift can improve the appearance of sagging folds above your eyelids and can reduce the lateral “crow’s feet” beside your eyes.
- A brow lift can smooth the horizontal lines on your forehead, making you look less stressed.
- A brow lift can elevate your brows and return them to a more youthful position, taking years off of your appearance.
- A brow lift can erase the vertical creases between your brows. These are the creases that can make you look tired, angry, stressed and worried.
- Additionally, if drooping eye lids are making it difficult for you to see, improving the appearance and position of your brows and removing the sagging skin above your eyes will make it much easier for you to see.
A brow lift is performed in a minimally invasive manner. After your face is cleaned, Dr. Guarnieri will make one incision, or if the endoscopic method is used, several very small incisions, behind your hairline. The skin will be lifted, and tissue removed or altered to create a smooth appearance. Your brows will be elevated and secured with sutures placed under your skin. Stitches or clips are then used to close the incisions. You should be able to return to your daily activities in a few days but it may take up to six months for the swelling to fully subside and for the scars to fade.
A brow lift may be performed in conjunction with a face lift, neck lift, or eye lid surgery. To learn if you would be a good candidate for a brow lift, call to schedule a consultation appointment with Dr. Guarnieri, today: (757) 345-2275.