They continue to be two of the most effective and popular cosmetic surgical procedures for treating the sagging appearance of an aging face and neck – the Facelift and the Neck Lift – and at Williamsburg Plastic Surgery, Dr. Guarnieri specializes in both procedures.
- The most important benefit of these two procedures is that they produce long-lasting results.
- Both share similar degrees of invasiveness and recovery periods.
- They result in significant improvements to weak muscles and saggy skin around the face and neck, and an immediate reduction of the visible signs of aging.
- The procedures are often combined into a single procedure which results in the amazing benefits of both.
What’s the difference?
- Neck lifts are done by a technique that pulls excess skin under the chin, jawline, and jowls. Incisions are generally placed behind the ears and below the chin. A neck lift pulls the hanging skin under the chin, the jowls and the jawline. A neck lift corrects the area below the chin – common called the “turkey neck.”
- There are various types of facelift surgeries, but when most plastic surgeons describe a facelift procedure they are referring to the technique of pulling up the skin at the cheeks, toward the forehead. Incisions are made primarily in front of the ear. The facelift focuses on improving the cheeks, lower face, jowls, and jawline. It reduces wrinkles and corrects sagging skin in those specific areas.
Would you benefit?
Try this to see if you would benefit from either of these procedures:
- To mimic how a neck lift would change your face, place your fingers below your jawline, outside your jaw, and push upward and back.
- To mimic how a facelift would change your face, place your fingers at the top of your cheekbones and push your skin upward and back.
Dr. Guarnieri is your face and neck lift specialist…and he caters to the needs of both men and women. Call, today, to schedule a consultation: (757) 345-2275.