One of the most popular aesthetic procedures our patients request is fuller, pouty, more kissable lips. Dr. Guarnieri specializes in the use of Restylane® injectable gel, the first and only FDA-approved filler for lip enhancement. Restylane® is a clear gel formulation of hyaluronic acid that is specifically formulated to act like your body’s own naturally produced hyaluronic acid. It visibly reduces moderate to severe facial wrinkles and is the perfect choice for lip enhancement. It’s easily accepted, safe, and unlikely to cause an adverse reaction.
How does Restylane® work?
- The lip enhancement procedure is done using a nerve blocker anesthetic, similar to a dental anesthetic, which numbs your lips and ensures that you are relaxed and comfortable before the actual procedure begins. This gentle procedure takes about 15 minutes.
- Following the procedure, you can return to your normal activities and work schedule immediately. There may be mild bruising that may last a few days but it can be easily camouflaged.
- Restylane® also minimizes fine smile lines and deeper parentheses (called “nasolabial folds”) that run from the bottom of the nose to the sides of the mouth.
Who is the ideal Restylane® candidate?
- The ideal candidate for Restylane® lip enhancement is the patient who wishes to minimize the appearance of fine lines around their mouth, restore a more youthful appearance and enhance the appearance and fullness of their lips.
- Being clear about your goals and expectations is important. If you decide a lip enhancement procedure is for you, discuss your “plumping” expectations with Dr. Guarnieri. His desire is to ensure that you achieve the look you want. Maintaining the normal anatomy of your lips with subtle injections results in naturally appearing lips. An excellent rule of thumb is “less is more.”
We are confident that you will be thrilled with your Restylane® lip enhancement results. Call to schedule an appointment with Dr. Guarnieri, today: (757) 345-2275.
Comments are closed.